Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tire/Parts on their way!!

The truck budget wasn't as big as I hoped this year, however I believe I have the parts needed to put Ol'Nellie back on the road! Purchased all new tires on Friday for her. I went with 215/75 R15's with the Aluminum wheels I had from the past. Placed my order with Classic parts earlier this week. Most of the parts will be here on Monday. Since I already had the wheels removed, I went ahead and removed all the drums to inspect the shoes and get ready for the parts coming in. Looks like the front shoes are in good shape still but the rear shoes are completely shot!. One one of the rear shoes, the pad is flaking off! Never seen that, but enough time and exposure to oil's etc, I guess it is possible. Removed the rear end cover as well, as the oil and rear wheel seals need replacement. The oil was mud colored(brown), and came out like puddling. Not cool. So needs to be cleaned out and flushed good as well.

To do list:

Rebuild Wheel Cylinders
Replace Rear shoes
Get Brakes functional
Switch to Roller Bearings in the front
Finish Wiring/lights/turn sig switch
Glass(Windshield)
Seat Belts
Seat Cover

This is the short list to get her on the road. Much more needed down the road. Will update with some more pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment