Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

June, 2010

June was a busy month for me. Garage is now wired for electic and now have a real compressor. ALOT of hours were spent in the garage. I have now learned..... Spead alot of time planning out each detail or a restore. Estimate how long you think it will take. The add alot of buffer time in. When you get to your final number you are positive on for time spent, times that by 10! I have been thinking about the details of this restoration for over 10 years. I thought I had a good idea of the time and effort needed, but I was off by a long shot.

I did however get alot done in June. I managed to get the frame and most of the cab prepped and painted with POR-15. Rushing myself to finish this before our July vacation, I didn't do things to the level I wanted, therefore I am not happy with a few areas underneath a cross member or the firewall of the cab(forgot a few holes to fill). Basically DON'T RUSH THIS! I got a chance to work with the welder and welded in a some new pillar pieces. Not perfect but good enough for me. At first I was really shooting for a close to show quality, but I soon realised I don't have the budget or skills for that yet. So I am going to do the best I can and learn as I go.












No comments:

Post a Comment