Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Lookin GOOD!!!

This past 2 weeks I have been working on painting the front fenders, hood and doors. I have about 4 coats of paint on currently and they look good. Painted these panels using the 50/50(Paint/Thinner) and it works much better. Imagine that... Follow the directions and it works! lol Sanding was much easier this time arround, and the shine is much better. Here is a picture of my son taking a picture of the door(Confusing, I know!):


I was pretty proud of a cheapo Rustoleum paint, that is not even finished or polished yet.Just goes to show you, that there are other possibilities out there. Granted, its not a show quality finish, but its good enough for me.

So now that the paint was mostly done, I decided to start mounting the doors and fenders back on. Doors were heavy and a pain to bolt up. Needed the help for this. Called out my lovely wife and son. They both helped me get these on and bolted up. I have to say, they were much easier removing than going on. When closing the passenger door, the rear upper part of the door is now rubbing. So it will need some adjustments. The drivers side door wouldn't even close. Turns out when I replaced part of the door pillar and cab corner due to rust, that I wielded in the replacements a bit off. Had to break/cut out the old wields and redo some of this work. As seen below, this is what it looked like after I had moved the pillar back and cleaned off the paint. I have since redone the welding and body filler, however don't have a picture at the moment. This is another reason I was waiting until the truck was assembled  to paint the finial 2 to 4 coats of paint. Something always goes wrong. :(


 Saturday was a very long day. Over 12 hours in the shop. Rebuilt the carbs, mounted the fenders, and redid some brake/fuel lines. The below pics are me and the boys taking the truck for a test drive down the drive way! Was FUN!





Didn't have any clean pics of the truck with doors and pictures, so today at lunch I went out, started the truck and backed it out to take some photos. Looking sharp! Remember the paint is only about half way done at this point.






Well pretty big update for just a couple weeks work. Its amazing that I have been able to get this much accomplished in such a short time(6months). Alot of people may look at this and say somethings haven't been done right, or short cuts were taken.. Very true, and I will admit to that. But my response is... I did it all myself, with just my tools and my budget, and I am very proud of that. Anything I haven't completely rebuilt, will be rebuilt in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment